A Mixture of Light and Shadow!!!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Paola in Chicago!!!


Paola came to town and it was a wonderful experience. I came back from Austin on Tuesday morning and she got in that same afternoon. We had a great time; a bit to short, but I guess that’s way better than nothing.
It was cool to show someone “My City”, basically now that I know a lot more about it. I took her to a lot of my favorite places and we also did most of the touristy stuff… I discovered that showing someone a place that I love, like Chicago, gives me as much pleasure as going to a new place myself. It is the same that happens to me with presents: I like getting them just as much as I like giving them.
We had a very tied schedule, but we did almost everything that I wanted to do.


On Tuesday night we went for dinner to
La Creperie, one of my favorite restaurants, then I gave her a short tour around the city and took her to Ethel’s, cause she loves chocolate, finally we went to Matilda, a bar that I like a lot!! On Wednesday we had a full day that stared at Lou Mitchell’s with a delicious breakfast, then the walk by the river, downtown all the way to millennium park and through grand park, to the lake, cause she wanted to be close to the water.


Then to State St. where I finally had the opportunity to introduce her to H&M, one of my favorite stores in Europe and which I have told her a million things about.


After spending two hours there, we rush to the Hancock building to see the sunset from the Signature Room and finally ended the day at Mia Francesca, which is an amazing Italian restaurant and where we had the best time of the whole visit enjoying some delicious food.


Oh, by the way, I discovered that Paola will never make it with me to Alaska, she is the worst person that I’ve ever seeing handling cold weather, she’s seriously bad at it… during the time that she spent here, she only wore my winter stuff, from boots to tides, gloves, sweaters etc, everything that a person needs to stay warm, but she didn’t, she froze all the time… and no one could ever say, that I don’t have good winter cloth, but it didn’t seemed to be enough to keep my poor friend warm!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home