A Mixture of Light and Shadow!!!

Monday, October 02, 2006

My Blues Experience!!


When I moved to Chicago and based on the kind of stuff that we used to appreciate and do while traveling together, I was sure that Chris was gonna show me A LOT of cool stuff in this city. But to my surprise, was Camilo who ended up “REALLY” introducing to me the GREAT city of Chicago!! Every time we hang out, I end up seeing amazing places, restaurants, doing pretty cool things and learning about all sorts of not only Chicago, but also American traditions.
The past weekend was a great example of it. Knowing how important blues is for this city, I was waiting to have the possibility to listen, understand and learn about it. Well, on Saturday I had the amazing opportunity to attend a private concert with VIP tickets of one of the biggest legends of blues in Chicago and five time Grammy winner,
Buddy Guy. That was already pretty cool, but the best part was that the concert was at the Chicago History Museum (where Camilo works at), which was reopening after months of closure for restoration. So I also got to see all the exhibits before they open to the public on Sunday with private tour guide and all sorts of anecdotes and very interesting explanations.

The concert was AWESOME,
Buddy, who obviously makes part of the blues gallery at the museum, gave us a very special show. In which he decided to have a walk while singing trough the crowd and gave me the possibility of taking this REALLY close pictures of him and feel even more how much he feels his music, which by the way is BEAUTIFUL.


I got the best taste of blues that I can imagine and a gigantic appreciation and respect for it.

Being able to see the museum without people in it was a lot of fun, it is a GREAT museum, without a doubt the best I’ve seen until now in this city. There is obviously a lot of history, but also some very cool interactive galleries, where I got to be a Chicago hot dog, created my own Chicago postcard and ride a very old bicycle.

During the weekend, I also got to go to a couple of great restaurants, hung out with some new people and play once more Texas hold’em, which is always fun!!

1 Comments:

Blogger KAMYLO said...

me fascina leer este blog, que delicia todo lo que paseas y conoces... gracias por compartirlo!!

2:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home