A Mixture of Light and Shadow!!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

6. why would you ring the door bell ... ever?


Last night I got in BIG trouble for stopping by at a friends house and ringing the doorbell.I first called, no one answer the phone… so I thought, I might as well stop by… VERY NORMAL COLOMBIAN THOUGHT. Well, that’s NOT the case here. If no one answers the phone, that means this it is NOT a good time. But my stupid thought process was: maybe he fell asleep or didn’t hear the phone!!!Before leaving Colombia, I wasn’t used to announcing my visits to my friend’s houses ever. Living in Europe I understood that things were much more formal and less natural or spontaneous. I remember having a conversation with Marcelo about this topic while living in Berlin. Apparently, here its the same way as in Europe.Well, in any case, I understood my lesson; I need to pay attention to the signs, which I didn’t do. If it isn’t a good time to answer the phone, much less would it be a good time to open the door…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home