A Mixture of Light and Shadow!!!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My first Thanksgiving!!


On the morning of the 22 we were supposed to fly into Richmond, VA, but when we got to the airport, we found out that there was a mistake when purchasing the tickets and we basically didn’t have any. After doing some research, Mike and Deirdre decided that we were gonna fly into D.C and drive from there 97 miles to Richmond. Sounds like an easy and good plan!! But nobody knew that highway 95 (which is the way to get from D.C to Richmond) was also the only highway connecting the east coast, so the traffic was terrible. That, plus the fact that it was the day before Thanksgiving made us spend 5 hours driving only 20 of the 97 miles that we were supposed to.
Getting there was miserable; we stayed in a hotel and Liam almost drowned in the swimming pool, I jump in on my clothes to get him, but I had my cell phone in my pocket and it died. We finally got to Richmond the next morning and celebrated thanks giving with a HUGE dinner that was delicious. I ate so much, that I couldn’t move afterwards.


It was a great experience!! The next day, Kyle and Mike took me to downtown Richmond and showed me all the monuments, the capitol building and the White House of the confederacy. The tour was really interesting and pretty!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home