A Mixture of Light and Shadow!!!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Loneliness

Hurting inside, no one to talk to
to talk this mood through with,
I am used to this solitary introspection
but it still hurts.
After all this time of being alone-
all the months, seasons, people behind me
I still don't get used to the loneliness.

Shouldn't it be enough that I was loved
for a brief moment in time, wasn't I held
close in someone's heart, didn't I
feel the joy that only love can inspire,
weren't we one, if only for one long afternoon,
weren't we?

The familiar torrent of distant memories
only brings me home where my dreams unravel
and my sleep is fitfulto this empty place where only I live.
no friend's laughter to cheer me up
nor sparkle in the mirror when I look at me
no love crackling in my veins
or passion kindling my heart.

I am alone
comfortless and cold

by
Abby D.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a poem by Robert Frost:

Bereft

Where had I heard this wind before
Change like this to a deeper roar?
What would it take my standing there for,
Holding open a restive door,
Looking down hill to a frothy shore?
Summer was past and day was past.
Somber clouds in the west were massed.
Out in the porch's sagging floor,
leaves got up in a coil and hissed,
Blindly struck at my knee and missed.
Something sinister in the tone
Told me my secret must be known:
Word I was in the house alone
Somehow must have gotten abroad,
Word I was in my life alone,
Word I had no one left but God.

Hey, I ran into this blog by accident, but you seem like a great person. Hope your loneliness lifts... I've been there.

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home