A Mixture of Light and Shadow!!!

Friday, April 07, 2006

My BIRTHDAY in California!!!




On the 30th of March I flew to San Diego with the family, to work and relax a little bit. Paola, my very good friend from High school and who I didn’t see in the past 5 years, picked me up on Saturday and took me to Long Beach, where she lives.


The morning of the 2nd of April (my BIRTHDAY) a great noise woke me up. The engines from the racing cars of the grand prix of long beach, were training at her doorstep!! What a great way to begin my day!!


After walking Camila, (her dog) and trying to get as close as we could to the cars, Paola took me for breakfast to an exquisite French bakery, where we ate half their inventory…It’s not even midday and my day is already great!! We hopped on the car and drove to Los Angeles, where she showed me around and took me to the farmers market, which was a little Mexico in the middle of L.A. (very folkloric)


We saw people begging for money in very unique ways...
We went to Griffith Park, where I finally got a good view of the HOLLYWOOD sing and an amazing view of the city, had lunch at my favorite restaurant in the U.S: The CheeseCake Factory and walk around in Beverly hills and Santa Monica.

I had SO much fun!! Back in Long Beach, we went and had a look at the Queen Mary, which now operates as a hotel and finally went to bed very tired after a long but AMAZING day.
On Monday we went shopping and she drove back to San Diego, at night I got together with my cousin Julian and his wife Bonnie, who I also hadn’t seen in a very long time. We went to his house and had some drinks.



A couple of nights later, they took me down town, where we enjoyed San Diego’s nightlife.I also enjoyed a lot the time with the kids and the great hotels we stayed at!!It was a really good trip and I totally loved my first visit to California!!



1 Comments:

Blogger KAMYLO said...

hola Ingrid... llegue aca desde el blog de Macla!! estoy planeando unas vacaciones a CA, que me recomiendas de San Diego?

11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home